James Tarkowski has his heart set on a move to West Ham this summer, according to a report.
The Hammers tried to land him last year, but Burnley held firm after a series of bids, rising to £30m were lodged. But now with his contract running down, the Clarets look like having no option but to sell the centre-back.
And Football Insider reports that West Ham have “registered their interest in a fresh move” for the 28-year-old.
It’s a transfer that will likely suit all parties. West Ham are looking to add some depth to their squad after qualifying for the UEFA Europa League group stage.
Craig Dawson has made his loan move from Watford permanent. But they released Fabian Balbuena at the end of the season.
Tarkowski is also “eager” to move south and join West Ham. The two-cap England defender is understood to be relishing a return to the capital after a two-year spell with Brentford between 2014-16.
While Burnley can cash in on the player with his contract set to expire in 2022.
Stressing his situation was not motivated by finances, he said: “There is nothing I have heard or has been put to me that makes me think there is a scenario in which I would sign a new contract at Burnley.”
Responding to the interview, Burnley boss Sean Dyche said: “Players have a different openness to them now with all the different media streams and different questions. He got asked questions and answered them what seems honestly.
“All players have a value of worth and if he feels his has not been at the right level, that is sometimes the way it is.
“These situations sometimes occur. I’ve got no problem with Tarky whatsoever. He is a very, very good professional for us. He’s a top player in my opinion.
“I have said it for months now… I’m amazed he’s not involved in the England team, I think he should be.
“That (interview) doesn’t affect anything other than him working hard to give performances for himself, the team and the club and I don’t think that will change one bit.”
Burnley chase Collins
Burnley do have a contingency plan in place. And on Friday TEAMtalk revealed Burnley had made a fresh bid for Stoke City starlet Nathan Collins.
The 20-year-old stopper is one of the most highly-rated young defenders outside of the Premier League. We understand that more than half of the top-flight clubs have made enquiries about the player’s availability this summer.
The Clarets have though returned with another bid, with Stoke looking for £15m-plus for the player.
The post Burnley man pushing hard for West Ham transfer after renewed interest appeared first on TEAMtalk.