Two Premier League clubs are in the hunt after it emerged that Robert Lewandowski could quit Bayern Munich, while Chelsea have been told how much it will cost to re-sign Eden Hazard, according to Friday’s Euro Paper Talk.
CITY, CHELSEA ON LEWANDOWSKI ALERT
Champions League finalists Manchester City and Chelsea are set to go head-to-head again in the battle to sign prolific Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski this summer.
ESPN states that the 32-year-old is unsure about his future, despite having a contract that currently runs until 2023.
The report adds that any interested clubs would need to offer €60million as a starting point for Bayern to consider selling, with early contact already made.
The Poland international has scored a remarkable 36 league goals in 31 matches this season. Indeed, he is closing in on Gerd Muller’s record of 40 in a season, set in the 1971-72 campaign.
The attacker has notched 272 Bundesliga goals in all, including his stint at Borussia Dortmund.
However, despite recently hinting that will retire when his Bayern career is over – significant Premier League interest could tempt him into a fresh challenge.
Both City and Chelsea will be in the market for a new No.9 this summer.
Legendary Etihad attacker Sergio Aguero is moving on at the end of the season, with City already linked to the likes of Erling Haaland and Harry Kane to replace him.
However, Lewandowski worked under Pep Guardiola for three years between 2013-16, which could give City the edge.
Blues boss Thomas Tuchel is also aware of Lewandowski’s talents, having previously managed at Dortmund.
He is also expected to bring in a new centre-forward, with Tammy Abraham and Olivier Giroud both tipped to leave this summer.
But it won’t just be English clubs circling if Lewandowski opts to leave, with PSG also monitoring his situation.
REAL SET EDEN HAZARD PRICE
Florentino Perez has set an asking price of €50million to offload Eden Hazard this summer, with former club Chelsea keen. (Fichajes)
New Roma boss Jose Mourinho will make an effort to snatch David de Gea from Manchester United. (Fichajes)
Barcelona are continuing to plan their squad for next season, with Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly now on their radar. (Mundo Deportivo)
Zinedine Zidane and Gennaro Gattuso are two possible candidates to replace Andrea Pirlo as Juventus boss at the end of the season. (Tuttosport)
Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak is keen on a move to the Premier League in the summer. (ESPN Football)
AND THE REST FROM EURO PAPER TALK
AC Milan will allow an exit door to open at San Siro for Chelsea target Gianluigi Donnarumma. (RMC Sport)
Arsenal target Jordan Amavi has signed a new four-year deal with Marseille despite injury problems this season. (Marseille official website)
Real Madrid are not prepared to pay €50million (£43m) for Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar. (Calciomercato)
Juventus and Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini is on the radar of several Major League Soccer clubs. (Calciomercato)
Borussia Dortmund have made contact with Juventus keeper Wojciech Szczesny as they search for a new No 1.
Atletico Madrid are considering a move for Barcelona midfielder Riqui Puig this summer. (Fichajes)
Barcelona and Paris St-Germain want Monaco’s Brazilian defender Caio Henrique. (UOL)
Inter President Steven Zhang has told Antonio Conte and club directors that the club will have to cut costs this summer. (Sky Sport Italia)
Julian Nagelsmann hopes to convince Barcelona assistant coach Alfred Schreuder to join him at Bayern Munich next season. (ESPN)