Sporting director Fabio Paratici is close to joining Tottenham with contacts between him and the club “at an advanced stage,” claims a report in Italy.
The Old Lady announced last month that Paratici was leaving Turin after 11 seasons. The 48-year-old won 19 trophies in that time but when his contract expired this summer the decision was made not to renew it.
However, the former lower league player, will not be out of work long. According to reports he looks destined to head for Tottenham with or without Antonio Conte.
Widespread reports on Friday evening claimed that a deal to take the former Inter Milan boss to north London had fallen through. A number of issues were said to be involved, including Conte’s demands and concerns over which direction the club is going in.
Daniel Levy is even understood to have opened the door on a move for Ajax boss Erik Ten Hag again.
And while Paratici’s switch to Spurs look likely, Corriere Dello Sport, says being reunited with Conte looks “a bit more distant”.
The pair worked together at Juve between 2011-14 and won three Serie A titles in that time.
Talks between Spurs and Paratici are at an “advanced stage” and, per the source, he is “one step” away from arriving in the capital.
Daniel Levy is looking to engineer a two-tier management structure with Paratici acting as the sporting director, alongside a new coach.
That was thought to be Conte, but Spurs have pulled out of talks.
The Italian angle, via Sport Witness, though is that “a little more patience” is needed on that front as Conte wants to reflect on the offer.
The former Chelsea boss is “tempted” by a return to the Premier League. He is though looking for “guarantees” from Tottenham on the playing budget.
Conte apparently wants Levy’s word that he will be given the funds to compete with the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd.
The 51-year-old needs “a couple of days of reflection”. But the Italian outlet make it clear a deal is certainly not dead in the water.
The Guardian claimed it was “unclear” whether Levy and Spurs would return to the negotiating table if Conte were to relax his demands.
The Italian paper though suggest a deal could well be resurrected with Paratici and Conte arriving in tandem.
The post Tottenham target ‘one step’ away, while Conte still ‘tempted’ by Levy appeared first on TEAMtalk.